There is nothing worse than the panic you feel when you wake up to realize your alarm didn’t go off and you probably won’t make your flight on time for that career changing business trip. Cab lines are long, cranky kids are holding up the security line, and you wore your favorite boots that take hours to lace-up. We’ve all been there.
Even more annoying is when you see relaxed businessmen walk casually through that security “VIP line”, and don’t have to take off their shoes and seem to breeze through security like they own the place
Guess what? VIP status is no longer only for elite business travelers. Hold on! There’s no need to panic, free upgrades and airline lounges are not going anywhere. However, VIP treatment is finally available to ALL travelers.
The Transportation Security Administration is trying to streamline the security screening process at many of the country’s major airports. Once you are a pre-approved member of the program, you can enjoy expedited screening and skip the long security-check lines!
Here is what you can expect with TSA Pre✓™
- Quicker transit through airport security screening
- Faster moving lines
- Improved travel experience
Gets even better…No Removal of:
- Light outerwear/jacket
- 3-1-1 compliant bag and laptop from carry-on
Currently there are 11 airlines that are participating in this program and it’s currently available in over 118 airports across the country. Travelers who have been cleared for the TSA Pre-Check will have information embedded in their boarding pass and can proceed to the TSA Pre✓™ lane.
So how do you sign up? Easy Peasy! Follow these steps listed on the TSAs Website and you will be on your way to the fast lane:
- An applicant must be a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) and cannot have been convicted of certain crimes.
- Pre-enroll online to provide basic information
- Visit an application center to provide biographic information that includes name, date of birth, address, and fingerprints.
- Pay an $85 nonrefundable application fee
- After completing enrollment, successful applicants will receive a Known Traveler Number (KTN) via U.S. mail approximately 2-3 weeks following the visit to the application center. And can also be obtained online.
- Once approved as eligible for TSA Pre✓™, the enrollee must enter the provided KTN in the ‘Known Traveler Number’ field when booking travel reservations on any of the participating airlines. The KTN also can be added when booking reservations: online, via phone, or with travel agents. Additionally, the KTN can be entered in participating airline frequent flyer profiles, where it will be stored for future reservations.
So get ready, grab your bags, and don’t worry if you forgot to wear socks, your shoes are staying on!